Local Elections 2017
List of wards
If you are looking for a particular ward, select the first letter of the ward from the list below:
List of councils
Click on a council name to go to the results.
East Midlands Counties
North Western Counties
South Eastern Counties
South Western Counties
West Midlands Counties
North East Unitaries
South East Unitaries
South West Unitaries
West Midlands Unitaries
Mid and West Wales
- East Dunbartonshire
- East Renfrewshire
- North Lanarkshire
- South Lanarkshire
- West Dunbartonshire
This list may be incomplete.
- 12th January 2017: Sunderland (Sandhill); Three Rivers (Gade Valley).
- 19th January 2017: Bromsgrove (Norton).
- 26th January 2017: East Ayrshire (Kilmarnock East and Hurlford).
- 2nd February 2017: East Staffordshire (Town).
- 9th February 2017: City of London (Court of Aldermen) (Farringdon Without); Tendring (Great and Little Oakley).
- 16th February 2017: Cheshire East (Bollington); Dudley (St Thomas's); East Staffordshire (Burton); Oldham (Failsworth East); Wokingham (Emmbrook).
- 19th February 2017: Corby (Kingswood and Hazel Leys).
- 21st February 2017: Basingstoke and Deane (Winklebury).
- 23rd February 2017: Epping Forest (Chigwell Village); South Hams (Charterlands).
- 2nd March 2017: Christchurch (Mudeford and Friars Cliff); Redcar and Cleveland (Hutton; Newcomen); Salford (Kersal).
- 9th March 2017: Broxbourne (Waltham Cross); Derby (Derwent); Harrow (Roxbourne); West Oxfordshire (Hailey, Minster Lovell and Leafield).
- 16th March 2017: Blackpool (Warbreck); Breckland (Saham Toney); Newcastle upon Tyne (South Heaton); South Ribble (Walton-le-Dale East).
- 22nd March 2017: City of London (Court of Aldermen) (Castle Baynard).
- 23rd March 2017: Blackburn with Darwen (Higher Croft); Herefordshire (Leominster South); West Somerset (Dunster and Timberscombe).
- 6th April 2017: Aylesbury Vale (Elmhurst); Bath and North East Somerset (Walcot); Calderdale (Hipperholme and Lightcliffe); Tendring (St James).
- 13th April 2017: West Dorset (Piddle Valley).
- 20th April 2017: Cheshire West and Chester (Blacon); Harrow (Kenton East).
- 3rd May 2017: City of London (Court of Aldermen) (Aldersgate).
- 4th May 2017: Aylesbury Vale (Wendover and Halton); Bath and North East Somerset (Newbridge); Birmingham (Hall Green; Perry Barr); Blackburn with Darwen (Marsh House); Bradford (Queensbury); Breckland (Harling and Heathlands); Bury (Besses); Cambridge (Arbury); Camden (Gospel Oak); Carlisle (Belle Vue; Yewdale); Central Bedfordshire (Biggleswade North; Shefford); Charnwood (Birstall Wanlip); Chelmsford (Moulsham and Central); Cheltenham (All Saints); Chiltern (Great Missenden); Craven (Aire Valley with Lothersdale); Crawley (Maidenbower); Dacorum (Berkhamsted West); Daventry (Long Buckby); Dover (Buckland; Maxton, Elms Vale and Priory); East Devon (Broadclyst; Whimple); East Staffordshire (Horninglow; Shobnall); Eastleigh (Eastleigh Central); Exeter (St Thomas); Hartlepool (Headland and Harbour); Havant (Emsworth); Huntingdonshire (St Neots Eaton Ford); Ipswich (Stoke Park); Liverpool (Wavertree); Maidstone (Bearsted); Malvern Hills (West); Manchester (Rusholme); Mendip (Frome College); Mid Suffolk (Eye); Newark and Sherwood (Ollerton); North Dorset (Gillingham Town); North Hertfordshire (Hitchin Priory; Royston Heath); Nottingham (Sherwood); Nuneaton and Bedworth (Bulkington); Oxford (Barton and Sandhills); Preston (Ashton; Preston Rural East); Reigate and Banstead (Tadworth and Walton); Rugby (Coton and Boughton; New Bilton); Runnymede (Foxhills); Rushcliffe (Thoroton); Rushmoor (St John's); Sedgemoor (Bridgwater Eastover); Sheffield (Southey); Slough (Haymill and Lynch Hill); South Cambridgeshire (Bourn); South Lakeland (Ambleside and Grasmere); South Somerset (Blackmoor Vale); South Staffordshire (Penkridge West); Spelthorne (Ashford East); Stevenage (Roebuck); Test Valley (Valley Park); Tonbridge and Malling (Aylesford North and Walderslade); Trafford (Broadheath); Watford (Leggatts; Oxhey; Park); Welwyn Hatfield (Panshanger); West Devon (Bere Ferrers); West Oxfordshire (The Bartons); West Somerset (Minehead North); Weymouth and Portland (Westham East); Windsor and Maidenhead (Clewer North); Wirral (Claughton); Wychavon (Droitwich South East; Evesham South); Wyre Forest (Mitton).
- 10th May 2017: Worcester (Bedwardine).
- 11th May 2017: South Derbyshire (Woodville).
- 18th May 2017: Enfield (Enfield Lock); Richmondshire (Reeth and Arkengarthdale); Stockton-on-Tees (Newtown).
- 25th May 2017: Southend-on-Sea (Shoeburyness).
- 8th June 2017: Ashford (Bockhanger; Victoria); Blackburn with Darwen (Higher Croft); Broadland (Coltishall); Bromsgrove (Alvechurch Village); Broxtowe (Toton and Chilwell Meadows); Bury (Radcliffe East); Calderdale (Rastrick; Todmorden); Canterbury (Westgate); Crawley (Pound Hill South and Worth); Dacorum (Bovingdon, Flaunden and Chipperfield); Hammersmith and Fulham (Avonmore and Brook Green; Sands End); Leicester (Castle); Liverpool (Kirkdale); Luton (Sundon Park); North Kesteven (Ashby de la Launde and Cranwell; Heighington and Washingborough); North Lincolnshire (Brumby); Oldham (Royton North); Peterborough (East); Salford (Claremont); Stockport (Brinnington and Central); Welwyn Hatfield (Hatfield Villages); West Berkshire (Thatcham South and Crookham); West Lancashire (Aughton Park); York (Hull Road; Micklegate).
- 22nd June 2017: East Cambridgeshire (Soham North); Powys (Yscir); Sheffield (Nether Edge and Sharrow); South Gloucestershire (Winterbourne); Stockton-on-Tees (Yarm).
- 29th June 2017: Durham (Dawdon); Eastleigh (Hedge End Grange Park); Waltham Forest (William Morris); West Lancashire (Derby).
- 13th July 2017: Moray (Elgin City North); North Warwickshire (Coleshill South); South Oxfordshire (Didcot South; Didcot West); Three Rivers (Chorleywood South and Maple Cross).
- 20th July 2017: Eden (Alston Moor); Knowsley (St Michaels); Merton (St Helier); Shepway (New Romney); Staffordshire Moorlands (Leek East); Stockton-on-Tees (Billingham North); Wealden (Chiddingly and East Hoathly).
- 27th July 2017: Manchester (Fallowfield); North Dorset (Blandford Central).
- 3rd August 2017: Charnwood (Loughborough Shelthorpe); Sevenoaks (Penshurst, Fordcombe and Chiddingstone); Swale (Milton Regis); Thanet (Margate Central); Worthing (Marine).
- 17th August 2017: Aylesbury Vale (Riverside; Southcourt); Forest Heath (St Mary's); Peterborough (Park).
- 29th August 2017: Scarborough (Mulgrave).
- 31st August 2017: North Somerset (Weston-super-Mare North Worle).
- 7th September 2017: Cannock Chase (Hednesford Green Heath; Hednesford South); Colchester (Shrub End); Croydon (South Norwood); East Cambridgeshire (Ely South); Glasgow (Cardonald); Herefordshire (Golden Valley South); Lancaster (Skerton West); North Lanarkshire (Fortissat); Staffordshire (Hednesford and Rawnsley).
- 11th September 2017: City of London (Court of Aldermen) (Langbourn); City of London (Court of Aldermen) (Tower).
- 14th September 2017: Mid Devon (Westexe); Trafford (Bucklow-St Martins); West Dorset (Lyme Regis and Charmouth).
- 21st September 2017: Chesterfield (Holmebrook); Oadby and Wigston (Oadby Uplands); Waveney (Oulton Broad).
- 27th September 2017: Peterborough (Eye, Thorney and Newborough).
- 28th September 2017: Breckland (Thetford Priory); Durham (Trimdon and Thornley); East Staffordshire (Stretton); Harlow (Toddbrook); Harrogate (Washburn); Highland (Tain and Easter Ross); Lancaster (Halton-with-Aughton); St Edmundsbury (Chedburgh; Hundon).
- 29th September 2017: Barnsley (Kingstone).
- 5th October 2017: Adur (Mash Barn); Cheshire East (Crewe East); Hinckley and Bosworth (Burbage Sketchley and Stretton); Redcar and Cleveland (St Germain's); Salford (Claremont); South Bucks (Burnham Lent Rise and Taplow); Warwick (Stoneleigh and Cubbington).
- 12th October 2017: Aberdeenshire (Inverurie and District); Ashfield (Hucknall North); Sheffield (Beighton); Tamworth (Bolehall); Three Rivers (Oxhey Hall and Hayling); Wakefield (Stanley and Outwood East); Warrington (Chapelford and Old Hall).
- 19th October 2017: Epping Forest (Lower Sheering); Hartlepool (Seaton); Lincoln (Boultham; Carholme); Nottingham (Basford; Bestwood; Bulwell Forest); South Oxfordshire (Haseley Brook); Wigan (Astley Mosley Common).
- 20th October 2017: Tameside (Droylsden East).
- 26th October 2017: Charnwood (Loughborough Hastings); Derbyshire Dales (Ashbourne South); Herefordshire (Kings Acre); Kirklees (Batley East).
- 2nd November 2017: Arun (Aldwick West); Buckinghamshire (Beaconsfield); Sefton (Duke's); South Bucks (Beaconsfield North).
- 9th November 2017: Camden (Gospel Oak); Fareham (Stubbington); High Peak (Limestone Peak); Wandsworth (Thamesfield).
- 13th November 2017: Leicester (Eyres Monsell).
- 14th November 2017: City of London Corporation (Bishopsgate).
- 16th November 2017: Chiltern (Penn and Coleshill); Darlington (Mowden; Red Hall and Lingfield); Eden (Penrith North); Hartlepool (Victoria); Waveney (Kirkley; St Margaret's).
- 23rd November 2017: Dover (St Margaret's-at-Cliffe); Herefordshire (Bishops Frome and Cradley); Neath Port Talbot (Bryn-côch South); Perth and Kinross (Perth City South); South Lanarkshire (Rutherglen Central and North); Stockton-on-Tees (Parkfield and Oxbridge); Wakefield (Wakefield West).
- 30th November 2017: Gosport (Bridgemary North); Maidstone (North); Tandridge (Westway).
- 7th December 2017: Enfield (Enfield Highway).
- 13th December 2017: Exeter (Newtown and St Leonard's); Waverley (Godalming Central and Ockford).
- 14th December 2017: City of London (Court of Aldermen) (Portsoken); Barnsley (Rockingham); Newcastle-under-Lyme (Bradwell; Newchapel); Salford (Langworthy); Welwyn Hatfield (Handside); Wigan (Shevington with Lower Ground).
Copyright © Andrew Teale, 2002–2022.
All text and images in this website are available for reuse and modification under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Sharealike 3.0 Unported Licence and the GNU Free Documentation Licence (unversioned, with no invariant sections, front-cover texts, or back-cover texts).
All electoral data on this website are based on information kindly supplied by the relevant Returning Officer and are held for archiving, historical and research purposes in the public interest as provided for by the Data Protection Act 2018.
If this website has been helpful to you, please consider making a donation to support the work required to keep the Local Elections Archive Project going.
Comments? Corrections? Constructive abuse? Commissions? Cash donations? Email me: